**Student loan forgiveness may be available**
Northshore Humane Society Community Vet Clinic located in Covington, Louisiana, is seeking both a full-time and part-time associate veterinarian to join our practice. Northshore Humane Society is a competitively priced, high-volume community clinic that also manages the health and well-being of 200+ shelter pets. Our clinic is an established, well-respected practice with an excellent reputation for delivering top quality medicine with a focus on client satisfaction and community well-being.
NHS is going through an exceptional growth phase with plans to build a new facility in the near future. By accepting this position, you will become part of the NHS family where there’s a true passion for quality pet care along with treating and caring for our shelter pet community.
We are looking for an experienced, reliable veterinary assistant/ veterinary technician for part-time work. Tasks to include but not limited to:
- Appropriate patient restraint and handling
- Administering medications by mouth, subcutaneous, intramuscular and IV routes
- Client education
- Filling in for receptionist as needed, answering phones
- Filling prescriptions
- Obtaining vitals and collecting history from clients for appointments
- Running labs such as blood chemistries, cbc, urinalysis, fecals
- Surgical monitoring, IV catheterization, drug administrations, and intubations
- Diagnostic imaging procedures
- Complete dental prophylaxis and dental charting skills
- Assisting Veterinarians as needed
- Assistance in a kennel with boarders as needed
- Strong computer skills preferred
- Assistance with daily cleaning of the hospital
To apply, please send resume via email to email@example.com or drop-off in person at our rescue located at 20384 Harrison Ave. Covington, LA 70433.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Scheduling appointments
- Answering phones
- Setting up new clients and patients
- Preparing medical records
- Admitting and discharging patients
- Financial transactions
Part-time position, ability to work weekends necessary, and some holidays (shared with other staff)
Please email resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
Animal care staff is primarily responsible for the daily care of our rescue animals. Please apply in person by visiting our facility and filling out an application or visit our Facebook job postings. Our address is 20384 Harrison Ave. in Covington.
Northshore Humane Society is looking for a skilled and hard-working handyman to assist in maintaining our facility as well as the grounds and kennel units. Your job responsibilities will include the maintenance and upkeep of equipment, and facilities both interior and exterior.
- Inspect all NHS grounds daily to identify problems with kennel units and the building.
- Respond to NHS requests for maintenance services, including replacing air filters, installing lights, repairing kennels and general handyman needs across the facility.
- Troubleshoot plumbing, electrical, and HVAC as needed.
- Ensure the parking lot and grounds are free from litter and debris
- High school diploma or GED preferred
- Preferred experience with plumbing and electrical systems
- Experience with common hand and power tools
- Ability to communicate well with management
- Willingness to uphold company standards for safety, animal care and efficiency
TO APPLY: Apply in person at our rescue or email resume to email@example.com.