Northshore Humane Society is looking for passionate animal-loving people to join our growing team. From animal and veterinary care, to adoptions, administration and much more, there is something for everyone here at NHS!! Our staff is given the opportunity to learn from experiences you won’t find anywhere else while truly making a difference in the lives of homeless animals.
Below is a list of current employment opportunities. Apply on-site at our rescue located at 20384 Harrison Ave. in Covington or online at the link below.
Animal care staff is primarily responsible for the daily care of our rescue animals.
- Cleans and disinfects all kennels, cages and equipment
- Feeds and waters all animals
- Helps administer medicine to animals
- Assists in the execution of adoption events and fundraisers
- Maintains overall appearance and cleanliness of facility
- Works with NHS volunteers to complete daily tasks
- Interacts with other staff members and the public including supporters, clients, etc.
- Works as directed
- Ability to work in the elements: winter weather, summer heat, rain, etc.
- Maintains standard physical fitness level
- Ability to lift 50 lbs.
- Experience handling dogs and cats, potentially stressful situations
- Schedule flexibility - animal care staff works on weekends and holidays
Please apply online, in person by visiting our facility or contact firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
Our address is 20384 Harrison Ave. in Covington
NHS receptionists are the first contact for all parties entering NHS and assist all departments of the organization. The largest portion of their position is to provide administrative/clerical support to our community veterinary clinic.
Duties and Responsibilities include the following, but are not limited to:
- Greet clients and pets warmly, providing great customer service with positive and professional demeanor at all times
- Answer phones, send faxes, get/sort/deliver mail and packages; assist other department with phone screening as needed
- Schedule appointments; contact no-show appointments to reschedule
- Remind owners of any pre-op or procedural instructions, i.e. fasting
- Make callbacks in a timely fashion to verify response of patients to treatment
- Promote the practice by attending events, word of mouth, business cards
- Escort clients to adoptions or answer any basic questions regarding adoptions
- Take payment for services and enter into record
- Perform day end closeout
- Set-up new client records
- Set-up/verify accuracy of invoices
- Maintain cleanliness of front desk and waiting area
- Verify medication for refills; if authorized by doctor, call prescriptions in to pharmacies
- Understand vet assistant duties and help other clinic staff with tasks/procedures as needed to ensure efficiency of clinic
- Minimum of a high school diploma
- Two years in customer service, animal-related, and/or non-profit settings preferred
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work well in a team
- Strong administrative and organizational skills
- Self motivated and ability to remain flexible under pressure.
- Attention to detail
- Ability to organize and set priorities a must
- Computer proficiency including Microsoft Office (especially Word & Excel) and ability to learn new programs quickly
- Ability to stand, walk, talk, bend, squat, reach above shoulder heights, lift, push or pull up to 50lbs for situations of restraining or moving animals, lifting food and supplies, etc.
- Understand the potential of exposure to parasites and infectious diseases carried and transmitted by animals.
- Veterinary experience: 1 year (Preferred)
- Customer service: 1 year (Preferred)
Hours: Part-time position, ability to work weekends necessary, and some holidays (shared with other staff)
Benefits: Employee discount Flexible schedule
Schedule: 10 hour shift 8 hour shift Weekend availability
TO APPLY: Apply online or in person at our rescue!!
We are a large veterinary practice and non-profit rescue looking for an experienced, reliable veterinary assistant/ veterinary technician to work at our clinic.
Tasks to include but not limited to:
- Appropriate patient restraint and handling
- Administering medications by mouth, subcutaneous, intramuscular and IV routes
- Client education
- Filling in for receptionists as needed, answering phones
- Filling prescriptions
- Obtaining vitals and collecting history from clients for appointments
- Running labs such as blood chemistries, cbc, urinalysis, fecals
- Surgical monitoring, IV catheterization, drug administrations, and intubations
- Diagnostic imaging procedures
- Complete dental prophylaxis and dental charting skills
- Assisting Veterinarians as needed
- Assistance with daily cleaning of clinic
- Veterinary Technician: 1 year (preferred)
- Strong computer skills preferred
Hours: Part-time position, 20-40 hours per week, overtime as needed
Benefits: Employee discount, health insurance and paid time off
Schedule: Monday - Saturday
To apply: Apply online, in person at our rescue or by emailing email@example.com