Thank you for contacting Northshore Humane Society. Because we are a nonprofit, no-kill rescue that does not have to euthanize for space, we practice a scheduled intake program. As animals are adopted and kennels open, we are able to save more! Please remember this means we cannot take in every animal that is brought to us.
We receive over a hundred requests for help each week. The demand for help is greater than the space we have available. This application serves as an evaluation of the pet. If we are able to help, a member of our rescue team will reach out directly to you.
Our priority is to keep animals in homes and out of shelters. We suggest also taking a look at the below list of dog trainers, dog sitters, moving tips, and day cares that can also help you and your pet stay together.
- KPro K9 - Exclusive Trainer for Northshore Humane Society.
- Petsuites Northshore
- Abby's Furry Friends
- Dog Gone Right
- Fido Finishing School
- Mandeville Canine Academy
Dog Daycares, Boarding & Sitting
- Petsuites Northshore
- The Diva's Pet Sitters, LLC offers services for the dogs, cats, birds...well any pet that's a stay-at-home pet! Based on the Northshore.
- Freedom Pet Sitting Services provides in-home pet sitting. Based on the Northshore.
- Happy Tails Doggie Daycare & Gym located in Mandeville.
- Sit & Stay provides in-home customized pet care.
- Willow's Oak Pet Lodge & Doggie Daycare offers boarding, daycare, pet sitting, walking and training. Located in Madisonville.
- Also try Rover.com to find a pet sitter near you!
Low Cost Spay/Neuter Opportunities
- Northshore Humane Society: Our community veterinary clinic not only offers everyday services, we also have various low cost spay/neuter options throughout the year including our Operation CatSnip Program, monthly specials and canine options through grants. Learn more. Keep an eye on our website and Facebook page regularly for new opportunities.
- Magnolia Humane Society offers low cost spay and neuter clinics monthly.
- Pearl River County ASPCA has specials when available.
- Feral Cat Consortium helps the community through trap/neuter/return (TNR) for community cats.
- SpayMart offers spay and neuter vouchers and assistance to poeple in the New Orleans area.
If you are considering adoption, make sure to think ahead when it comes to housing.
- Save ahead for a pet deposit. The average pet deposit is between $200-500.
- Look for pet friendly amenities around your new location including veterinarians, trainers, dog parks, etc.
- Write a pet resume! In your resume you can have a photo of your pet with references from your current or past landlords. Also include a copy of your most current veterinary records.
- Ask a realtor for help! Let your realtor know that you have a pet (pets) that are part of your family. Have them look up housing options that are right for everyone. Our favorite realtors are Jennifer Lacoste with Keller Williams and Patricia Conaghan with Re/Max Alliance.
- Give your pet (especially cats or small dogs) time to acclimate to the new residence. Give them one room to sniff and explore. Once they are comfortable expand slowly, room by room until they are fully acclimated. This can take one day or up to a week. Be patient and give your pet the time they need to be comfortable in their new environment. A move is not just stressful for you, but your pets as well. Ask if there was a pet in the home previously and make sure walls and carpets are cleaned before you move in. Your pets' sensory systems are stronger than humans. They may smell old pet smells that you cannot and mark their territory to claim it as theirs.
Pet-Friendly Apartments on the Northshore
- Abita View Apartments
- Artesia Luxury Apartments
- Cypress Lake Apartments
- Grand Palms
- Ibis Trail Apartments
- Reagan Crossing
- Springs at River Chase
**These are just a few of the many options available- For a more extensive list do an internet search for “pet friendly apartments near me”