Monday - Friday
9:00 AM - 5:00 PM
9:00 AM - 2:00 PM
We understand that welcoming a new companion into your family is a very big decision. Our adoption counselors are specially trained to discuss your lifestyle with you to determine which animal would be a good match. Be sure to consider all of the possibilities of what type of pet would best suit your needs. Cats and dogs come in a variety of sizes, personalities, ages, and more. Please use the following steps to get started:
- View our adoptable animals by clicking the link on the bottom of this page or by visiting our facility.
- Fill out an application HERE All applications are processed before meeting one of our pets; this process can take up to 48 hours. A counselor will review your application by checking a veterinarian reference for current or past pets that reside(d) in the home. **Please keep in mind: while all of our rescued pets are available for adoption, each is in a different stage of getting their medical care. Some are still in the process of getting these services and many not be available at our rescue to be taken home immediately.
- You can always set up a meet and greet with your potential new companion by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org!
- Once your application is approved, a counselor will be in contact to meet and/or finalize your new best friend's adoption!
Current and past pets should be up-to-date on vaccinations, spayed or neutered, and on heartworm prevention.
Contact an Adoption Counselor
Our adoption counselors can be reached by calling (985) 892-7387 and pressing "2" or emailing us at email@example.com
Adoption Fees Include
- Age-appropriate vaccinations
- Microchip & registration
- Rabies tag (13 weeks or older)
- Dogs are heartworm tested and treated if positive
- Cats are FIV/FeLV tested
In addition, adopters will also receive the following bonus benefits:
- Free 30 day trial of pet insurance
- Membership to our "Adopter's Club", including 10% discount on all vet services
- Up to 25% off training services with NHS Corporate Sponsor, KPro K9!
Adoption fees vary per animal. If you would like to inquire about a specific animal, please contact our rescue team directly. Adopters are also required to purchase at least one month of heart-worm and flea prevention at the time of the adoption. When adopting, please consider all of the medical care, food, sheltering, and more that goes into every adoptable animal. As a nonprofit organization, we spend $465.00 on average per animal to ensure they have the best care possible before going to their new home!
We are proud to offer a Seniors for Seniors Program where senior citizens can adopt pets over the age of 7 for a waived adoption fee. See the age requirements and other benefits of this program HERE.