Our 2022 CAMP IS FULL!! For more camp options, please visit Edge of the Lake Magazine's Summer Guide!
If your child was unable to register this year, we hope to see you in 2023!
COVID 19 may have given us “A Whole New World” but campers at Northshore Humane Society’s summer camp presented by Hancock Whitney will experience the same exciting and educational animal-related activities they have come to expect!
We invite children ages 6 - 13 to spend a week celebrating companion animals as they engage in fun interactive games and activities, meet animal experts and ambassadors, and put their compassion into action through service projects that benefit the shelter’s homeless animals. Children will symbolically adopt a shelter pet and be given an opportunity to interact with the rescued dogs and cats at the rescue. NHS summer camp programs foster a sense of responsibility and respect for animals through inquiry and experienced-based learning. More info can be found below:
- This year's camps will bring new and exciting activities to campers each week! Activities will include helping the rescued pets here at our facility as well as learning the importance of pet care and advocacy.
- A variety of animal - related guest speakers attend each week including St. Tammany Parish Canine Unit, Love on a Leash, animal control officers, veterinarians and many more!
- The 2022 dates are below. Weeks will not be separated into different age groups this year.
- Camp is Monday - Friday, 9:00 am - 4:00 pm. Drop-off begins at 8:30 am. One week of camp is $250 per child. Lunch and snacks are provided by parents.
- Before care (7:30 am - 9:00 am) and after care (4:00 pm - 5:30 pm) are also available. They are $50 separately per week; package for both is $75 per week.
- T-shirts are also available for an additional $25 and can be purchased through the registration page.
If you have any questions, please contact us by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org. Thank you for your continued support and we look forward to another great summer!!
2022 Summer Camp Available Dates
Already registered? Turn in your paperwork before the first day of camp.
NHS camps sponsored by